Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Proud Dad


Most parents say they are proud of their kids and for good reason.  But I promise you there is no one more proud of their kids that me.  Recently they have both done things to continue to make me proud.

Ryan just this week completed his sophomore year at Oklahoma State University.  He has earned almost 70 hours of credit and has maintained a good GPA.  He is on track to receive his degree in four years!  Which I really need him to do because his sister starts college in just over a year!  While going to school and making good grades Ryan has also walked on to the OSU football team.  This past February for the third time he went to the tryout and made it!  He did spring football with the team and will be on the roster this Fall.  It's his tenacity and never give up attitude that I am especially proud of.  Even if he never plays a down in a game he has accomplished a great deal and I believe that trait will take him far in life.

Alyssa will finish her Junior year at Ryan High School in just a few weeks.  This coming Friday she and I are going to Baylor  for an official visit for her.  This July she will make application to Baylor and in just 15 months hopefully she will be a Bear!  I can't wait for her to fall in love with Baylor as I did 27 years ago!  She already has 6 hours of college credit and will earn some more her senior year.  For the fourth time Alyssa tried out for and made the cheer leading squad at Ryan.  Next year she will be the captain of the varsity squad!  Her leadership skills are great and I'm looking forward to watching her lead and encourage the other girls this next year.  And by the way that makes me the "Cheerleader Captain Daddy!"  That's a role I am proud to have.

Well as you can see I have a lot to be proud of and those are just a few of the reasons I'm proud of my kids!   

No comments: