Monday, July 12, 2010

Getting Down to Business!

After traveling for two weeks and getting things in order last week I'm excited about getting down to the business of writing this week.  I will be spending most of my time organizing and beginning the process of working on my book idea.  Many of you have asked what the book is going to be about.  The answer is the Family.  You might remember I did a series on the family about two years ago.  My plan is to take that series, and expand upon it. 

I visited two churches this past Sunday.  I went to mass at the Catholic church and I went to a United Methodist Church.  Both were certainly different from what I am accustomed to at First Baptist but both had elements that helped me to worship and experience God in new ways.  I was somewhat surprised at the similarity of the two, although the Catholic church was a bit more liturgical and formal there were certainly those elements in the Methodist service as well.  I managed to slip in and out at the Catholic church unnoticed but not the Methodist!  I saw several people I knew and got some confused looks which made it even more fun. 

I know you are going to enjoy hearing Dr. Randall Everett this coming Sunday.  Dr. Everett has led our Baptist General Convention of Texas for over a year now and has brought great leadership in a time of great change and challenge in denominational life.  Don't miss Dr. Everett this Sunday!

No comments: