Monday, July 26, 2010

HALFWAY POINT

Can you believe it!  We have reached the halfway point of the sabbatical.  In some respects it has gone by really fast but in others it has begun to slow down a great deal.  I can honestly say after almost six weeks now I have begun to really relax.  I can't thank you enough for allowing me this time at this point in my life.  It has proven to be an even greater blessing than I anticipated.

Yesterday I visited Bent Tree Bible Fellowship and Prestonwood Baptist Church.  These two great churches are right across the street from each other so it was very easy for me to attend both services.  They are both doing great things both at home and around the world.  I was especially impressed with Bent Tree's missions ministry.  They have sent over 470 people on 45 different mission trips around the world this year!  I enjoyed their worship service as well.  Quite different from what we are accustomed to at First Denton but a great experience.  I have been to Prestonwood many times in the past and enjoyed their worship as well.  Dr. Robert Sloan president of Houston Baptist University was the speaker. The only negative about visiting these churches in the summer is that so many of their senior pastors are not there!  But I still enjoyed both services yesterday. 

This week I'm going to be doing a little local "traveling."  Tuesday I'm going to a Baylor function in Ft. Worth and Thursday Tami and I are taking Alyssa on a college visit.  The rest of the time I will be doing some more writing and reading.  Thank you so much for your continued prayers and thank you for the prayer cards.  I am reading several every day, it is a highlight of my morning to read your wonderful notes.  Have a great week!

1 comment:

stampindede said...

So happy that you are able to finally relax a bit. It takes a while to 'come down'! I found that to be true when I retired from teaching. I pray that the Holy Spirit will refresh you from the inside out! Enjoy your week!
Blessings, Deanna B.