Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Dog Days of Summer

Can you believe how hot it is?  I played golf yesterday with Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicholas and Gary Player, better known as Jim Cupstid, Jim Radar and Richard Corley!  You talk about hot!  But we had a great time together.

It really is the dog days of summer but school is about to begin and that means a new church year as well!
Mark Caswell, our Student Minister will be preaching the next three Sundays getting you ready for the beginning of that new church year.  Mark is a tremendous speaker and I know you are going to be blessed by his messages.

Other than golf, I've had a great week.  I met with Dr. Robert Jeffress of First Baptist Dallas today and had a great conversation with him.  It was good to hear how God is blessing that church with a sort of rebirth of buildings and ministries.  Dr. Jeffress helped me to see a lot of similarities between First Denton and First Dallas that I think will help us as we move into the next 5-7 years.

I visited First Presbyterian Church of Dallas and Incarnate Episcopalian Church this past Sunday.  I had never been to either of those denominations.  Both services were enjoyable and gave me a different perspective of worship.

This weekend I will be traveling to Memphis, Tennessee.  On Sunday I will visit the great Bellvue Baptist Church and Germantown Baptist as well.  On Monday I will meet with Dr. Steve Gaines the pastor who followed Adrian Rodgers at Bellvue. 

I'll be back in town on Tuesday and plan to do some more writing the rest of the week.
I hope you are staying cool, don't miss Mark Caswell's message this coming Sunday. 

1 comment:

DudeNotPerfect said...

continuing to pray for you and Tami!